Types of Golf shoes
Footwear is the name of those items of clothing which cover and protect our foot from the floor through a sole of leather, rubber or other material. It gives us greater comfort when we make any movement with our feet, either walking, running or jumping. Thus, this is a very important item for our life.
But this is even more important when it comes to playing golf. The use and the good choice of the footwear helps you to achieve more natural movements when playing golf; what affects directly your handicap. The type of shoe is not, therefore, an insignificant decision. At first, many amateur golfers make the mistake of using running shoes o similar ones to practice this sport, often due to lack of knowledge. For this reason, from the blog of Roda Golf & Beach Resort we want to give you some keys; shoes can help you to feel comfortable and, at the same time, to improve your play.
Types of Golf shoes according to the sole
The difference between a usual shoe and a golf shoe is the type of sole, which is called "sole of cleats". Due to the location of the cleats, it gives us greater stability and grip in the ball hitting protecting against slipping hazards. In this way, there are two types of soles:
· Metal cleats is a type of golf footwear which nowadays is not being used. In fact, this type is forbidden in some Golf Courses because they damage the grass and they left marks. But some golfers use them due to their great grip.
· Rubber cleats, this is the most used type of footwear nowadays. It is adapted to any type of foot and give a greater agility and mobility. Moreover, this type does not damage the surface of the golf course. These shoes can include cleats, for greater security in slippery surfaces during the winter or with spikeless which are used in dry lands.
Functions of Golf Shoes
The most important of a shoe is not the sole but the different functions it fulfills, what we summarize here:
- · Comfort. This is key. A footwear must to be chosen by its comfort not by its aesthetics. Try it on before use it, walk, jump... and if you have any discomfort, change it for other shoes. Uncomfortable shoes can make that your golf play become an active volcano.
- · Stability. It must have a good grip and allows you to move without walking carefully. To keep ourselves steady while we are hitting the ball will gives us better results.
- · Breathable material. Generally, you will use it during 3 or 4 hours. Foot needs to breathe and keep itself dry, because a wet foot is harmful to health and it will affect the play.
These are the advices we give you when choosingyour footwear. But, if you have any doubt you can come to our shop located in our Golf Course where we will gratefully assist and advise you. Thus, don’t think twice and book your green fee to play with us over the edge of Mar Menor. What about you? What type of golf shoe do you use?